Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Naked For Jesus

Jonathan Palmiter is opening up a nudist camp for Christians next summer.

No, you didn't read that wrong, a nudist camp for Christians.

From the article:

Christian nudism might sound like an oxymoron, but for thousands of devout followers, living and worshipping naked is at the core of their faith.

I'm no theology nut, but, I think these people may be a little confused. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that God was at the center of our faith.

If you're not a woman with a decent figure, I don't want to see you naked. If you are a woman with a decent figure, I shouldn't be seeing you naked; especially at church.

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't think I could sit through a Bible study with a bunch of naked people. I can just imagine the prayers: "Father in Heaven, we rebuke Earl's chubby in the name of Jesus!"

And I'm getting creeped out thinking about the whole, "laying on of hands" thing. EWWWWWWW!